Terms And Conditions Of Hire
Terms And Conditions Of Hire
- Customers requesting or ordering vehicles, which are delivering or collecting containers to leave the public highway shall reimburse us in respect of any losses, costs, damages or expenses we may thereby sustain, whether as a result of damage to the vehicles themselves or to the property of customers or third parties.
- Customers shall provide adequate warning lights on containers that are left on public highway or in any place where they are likely to cause damage or injury to third parties during the hours of darkness and they shall also ensure the level and safe loading (and in particular, the even distribution of weight) of materials into the containers. Customers shall ensure that containers are not overloaded, either by volume or by weight. This condition shall endure until the container is collected from site.
- The customer warrants as a term of this contract that he/she has lawfully obtained from authority every necessary permission or license that may be required in connection with the use of containers supplied under this contract and indemnifies GBN Services Ltd, for any loss or damage etc. suffered by the failure of the customer to comply with the said warranty.
- The customer shall allow the equipment (of all types) to be safely placed and operated and shall ensure that the collection vehicles have free access all around the equipment, including free access for the driver / operator all around the containers.
- Where possible, services will be arranged to suit the customer. If a scheduled collection is not made, the customer should advise us and we will arrange for the collection to be carried out as soon as practicable. We reserve the right not to collect waste if the customer’s account is in arrears or due to circumstances beyond the carrier’s reasonable control.
- Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any loss of, or damage to the equipment while on hire to them, from whatever cause the same may arise (excepting fair wear and tear). They shall also fully indemnify us in respect of any claims for injury or damage caused to persons or to property arising from the use of the equipment, however the same may be caused to arise.
- Customers shall reimburse us in respect of any damage caused by fire to the container while on hire to them.
- Customers shall give us six calendar months’ notice in writing (except where otherwise agreed) for changes to be made in contractual arrangements.
- In the event of termination of arrangement, all amounts due at the time of termination are payable on demand.
- The waste producer warrants that the waste to be collected conforms in all respects to the waste description as stated. The waste producer will notify GBN Services Ltd in advance of any collection, of any significant change to the composition of the waste to be collected.
- The waste producer is aware of the provisions of the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 (as amended) and Landfill (England and Wales) Regulations 2002 (as amended) with respect to the correct procedures for the transfer and disposal of controlled wastes. Due regard must be given by the waste producer to the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 and to the Animal By-Products (Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2011 (as amended)
- The driver will endeavour to obtain a signature for the service being provided if readily available, however non-signature for any service carried out will not be recognised by the GBN Services as a valid reason for non-payment of subsequent invoice.
- GBN Services Ltd credit terms are strictly 30 days end of month following or limit of credit set, whichever comes first.